Friday, June 12, 2015

Should I Be Called the Tightwad Teacher? (Or More Deals More Ways!)

I could probably call my blog the "Tightwad Teacher." I hate paying full price for anything-especially when it is possible to get it for less.
On a regular basis, I check out our local Goodwill stores. If you have never gone there,you have to check it out-especially on Sunday. The Goodwills around here give a teacher discount on Sunday-25% off.

I have a large need for materials in my room because I teach in a multi-grade room. Two times, when I was almost ready to introduce an new subject (oceans and space) I came across Melissa and Doug 48-piece puzzles that I used to introduce the subject. The retail for $12.96 but the two I bought were less than $3.00. This Sunday I am heading in to pick up one on the desert. I didn't want to pay $3.95. Did I mention that I could be called the tightwad teacher?

I have bought quite a few things this year. Here is a sampling. (Notice the ocean picture on the bottom!)


I also want to share how wonderful my hallway board looks with the red chevron borders that I bought at Joann's Fabric. I wrote about them in another post. You can read it by clicking here.


I can't wait to put the rest of the board up-as soon as I figure out what I am going to put on it for a welcome back theme for the school. Any ideas?

Have you ever shopped at Goodwill or other thrift stores? What is your best deal?

Want more ideas about saving money in the classroom? Check these out:






Goodwill photo credits-Mike Mozart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and comments are welcome!