Friday, August 2, 2013

FREE classes for teachers!

While perusing the web to help a friend in need of online professional growth, I came upon a wonderful site. I know I was looking for her, but I ended up signing up for a class that began on Monday! Imagine combining inquiry learning and art to teach critical thinking. I am loving the class, so I wanted to share the program with you! 

If you sign up, you won't look like this:


That's because class materials are online-mostly articles that you are required to read. You read, watch a video and participate on a group board to answer the question of the week. You even have a weekly quiz. The class I am taking, "Art and Inquiry: Museum Teaching Strategies For Your Classroom," only lasts for 4 weeks. If you hurry, I don't think it is too late for you to sign up and catch up!

To get to the site where you can sign up for classes, click on Coursera. They will take you to their site where you can sign up and get started. I have to tell you that I am loving my first course. I am not sure how it will be when I add more, because I signed up for about nine of them! Head over and check out what they have to offer. I would like to say that you may want to check with your district to find out if they will accept them for professional development hours! If they don't, look anyway. Some of them sound like a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and comments are welcome!