I cut 8 1/2 inch by 11 inch card stock in half because there are 16 letters. I spelled out the words by putting one letter on each card. It looked like this:
At our party, I will give the groups the same clue at the same time. The winning team is the team that spells a work that works first. Here are some examples:
1) What does almost every child hope to get for Christmas?
is what the correct answer would look like-but allow for others answers that work!
2) What do people send to each other? Cards
3) What are Christmas songs called? Carols
4) What shines in the sky? Stars
5) What do people do to the tree? Trim
6) We all look forward to Christmas____. Day
These will get you started....think of more if you need them. For my group, 6 is about all they can handle before they will be ready to the next game. For more classroom Christmas game ideas, check out my other blog posts.