Sunday, December 1, 2013

Classroom Christmas Party Game from the Dollar Store

If you are looking for ideas for classroom games, crafts and presents kids can make, you might want to become a follower because I will be adding several ideas this month. I say this for a reason!!!!!


Every year, I look all over for Christmas ideas for my classroom. This year, I decided to make up some of my own using items I actually bought at the 99 cent Store, but most, if not all are also available at The Dollar Tree. Christmas party games make the party more interactive than watching a video....so I like playing games. This year, we are going to play a game that is simple to make, easy to play, but fun. 

The game is:

CANDY CANE RING TOSS

First, you will need to visit your local dollar store and buy the following items, unless you have them on hand:

1) Hard plastic candy canes
2) Votive candles (I bought vanilla scented
3) Holiday colored crafting pipe cleaners

Then, follow these steps and you will be ready to play!

STEP ONE: Remove the wick from the candle and hollow out a hole. I used a paint brush tip to hollow out mine. Test and make sure your hard plastic candy cane will fit inside. 

STEP TWO: Put a few drops of white school glue into the candle and press the candy cane into place. Set it aside and let it dry.

STEP THREE: Use three different colors of pipe cleaners to make the rings. Twist two pipe cleaners together by laying one color halfway up a second color and begin twisting. When you reach the end, hook a third color to the short pipe cleaner and continue twisting it with the remaining long piece. At the end of the shorter pipe cleaner, twist all three pieces together. Fluff it out into a circle. Now, make more. 

Once the glue is dry and the rings are made, your game is ready for action. My idea is to make five candy cane stands and give each child three rings. The winner is the one who get the most rings. Candy canes, in my mind, are the perfect prizes. 

2 comments:

  1. THAT IS SOOOOO CUTE!!! I'll be doing this in my class this year! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, you are so welcome! I am using it too!

    ReplyDelete

Questions and comments are welcome!