Thursday, November 27, 2014

Ocean Scenery-The Beginnings of an Ocean View

Four years (or so) have passed since I have done an ocean study. This year, I wanted to do it differently. I started off with a beautiful background of the ocean. My loving husband helped me hang the paper which was too wide and too long for my huge bulletin board. For days, I left it blank because the paper, all by itself, made me feel peaceful and content. As my students entered the classroom, they all remarked on how much they loved the bulletin board. This is the beginning:


Covering the board took a little work. First, my students put together a giant ocean scenery puzzle full of fish-from Melissa and Doug. (I am not an affiliate for them-in fact, I got mine for $3.99 at our local Goodwill!) I covered the puzzle with a sealer and rested it on the bulletin board by resting it on plastic stick pins and surrounding the puzzle with them. 

Future additions included two art projects. One of them they did at home. The other they did at school. Tomorrow I will share the cool art project my students did to make really fun fish for the board outside of the puzzle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and comments are welcome!